Fire safety in Tunnel
ORDER OF EVENTS IN CASE OF FIRE IN A TUNNEL
- The placement of nozzles is under the light fixture and cable trays to protect these from fire.
- Secures escape routes for personnel during evacuation.
- Maintaining electricity, lighting, ventilation and other control systems in the tunnel.
- A PLC-controlled magnet valve with Fail Safe Open function in each zone.
- The tunnel is parted into different zones, each zone is approximately 100-150 m.
- The first zone starts about 50-100 m inside the tunnel, from that point a spray nozzle is placed on each side with 10 -12 meter intervals.
- Nozzles at each end of the zone are set tup to close the area (zone) of to prevent gases and smoke from migrating into the tunnel.
- Overlapping Waterwalls are shown here by the darker fields.
- A main supply of water.
- A magnet valve for correct zoning
with a Fail Safe Open Feature.
- Heat Detector. Fiber optic cable.
- 50 mm nozzles. The nozzles creates a Waterwall horizontally and vertically.
- In case of the fire spreading, new zones will open.
The system can be operated remotely from a road-central / fire station and with local controls at both tunnel entrances.